Frequently Asked Property Management Questions
Common Property Management Questions
- How do you determine rent amount?
- We complete a comparable market analysis (CMA) of all of the other available and recently rented homes in the area of your property
- What are your management fees?
- Our property management fees are 10% of the monthly rent collected each month. The fee is applied against the rent collected each month to make the accounting simple and no need for you to write an extra check each month. *Discounted management fees can be negotiated for investors with a large portfolio package.
- How do you find tenants?
- Your property, along with photos, will be advertised on our website and in the Indiana Multiple Listing Service (MLS), and on various online home directories. We also thoroughly screen all applicants.
- How do you collect rent?
- Tenants are given a variety of options on how to pay rent. They can pay online or mail/deliver their rent directly to us.
- When and how do you disburse payments to homeowners/landlords?
- All rent from tenants are due on the 1st of the month. As soon as we receive rent from your tenant and it is cleared we will electronically transfer the monthly rent minus our property management fees and any expense reimbursements into your checking account.
- How do you go about notifying me if there is a cost for maintenance?
- If the repair is $250 or less, it will be deducted from your monthly rent disbursement. All invoices will be uploaded into the system and can be accessed via your Owner portal. Any repairs over $250 we will get an estimate and send to you for approval.
- Do you markup the cost of repairs and maintenance charges?
- We upload a copy of every invoice to the owner’s portal
- If I want to sell my home or investment property, can you help?
- Yes, our property managers are licensed brokers and we can help you sell your home or investment property.